Blue Star Nutraceuticals is a dietary supplement company that designs, develops, manufactures, markets and retails the best sports nutrition products in the world.
On the surface, Blue Star Nutraceuticals seem like any other supplement company, and they claim their supplements meet the strictest guidelines, are used by pro athletes and are designed to deliver superior results to the average individual.
Blue Star Nutraceuticals is a supplement maker, offering creatine, testosterone booster, amino acids, proteins, and fat burning products to the public.
Some featured formulas do have some scientific research proving their claims and others are convenient and easy to take with you anywhere you go.
Iso Smooth is made by Blue Star Nutraceuticals stacks, who has been around for many years now, and most of their products, cover categories of muscle-building, weight-loss, fat-burning, and testosterone-boosting.
Blue Star Status and other supplements from this company can be obtained from their professional-looking website.
They even offer a 60-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the use of their products.
The Benefits of Iso Smooth
- Helps build lean muscle
- Leads to a quicker recovery after workouts
- Allows for the muscle to grow more capable
- Advances strength and endurance
Iso Smooth Ingredients
- Protein Blend: There are specific considerations to make when reading through a protein blend. Firstly, look for high-quality sources of protein, and the best source of protein that is available today is whey protein isolate, and whey protein hydrolysate. Most of the protein powders on the market today do contain whey protein isolate and/or whey protein hydrolysate, but also contain other filler proteins that are not as active as a pure whey source.
Furthermore, finding a protein blend with a pure high-quality source guarantees that your muscles are getting the best nutrients possible after a workout, and with such a high-quality fuel, they are able to rebuild and grow at a faster rate, and also help you recover.
The Iso Smooth protein blend is comprised of whey protein isolate, milk protein isolate, egg isolate, and micellar casein, but the majority of the blend is whey protein isolate, even though a pure source of whey protein would make a better choice.
- BCAA Count: Branched Chained Amino Acids are amino acids that are found naturally in proteins, and can also be added to many different protein powders. These amino acids are directly responsible for increasing the rate at which the muscles grow and help reduce the amount of time it takes for your body to recover after a tough workout. The most popular BCAAs to include among protein powders are L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, and L-Valine, as adding these amino acids to your protein supplement can make a huge difference when evaluating the results of your progress. Unfortunately, not many protein powders do include additional BCAAs in their products, but you have the option of buying them separately to supplement. It is becoming more and more popular among athletes to supplement BCAA while you are working out, as this can provide your muscles with the energy they need to grow properly without having to consume too many excess calories.
In one serving of Iso Smooth, you can expect to find:
- Calories: 135
- Total Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 70mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 1g
- Protein: 30g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
Iso Smooth keeps the fat, cholesterol and carbohydrates relatively low while keeping the amount of protein high.
The caloric content of iso Smooth is pretty consistent with what is obtainable in the market.
Iso-smooth has a few different forms of protein, the most plentiful being whey isolate, which is generally considered to be one of the fastest absorbing, high-quality protein sources available to us.
It also has a few sustained release proteins and has CLA and flax seed powder, although it is in doubt that they are in very high quantities as there is only 1g fat per serving.
To sum up, it includes bromelain, which is a great addition as it is an enzyme to assist with protein digestion.
So, this translates to better use of the protein, making Iso smooth looks like an ideal protein to take post-workout.
To look at it on the page Iso-smooth seems pretty exorbitant, as the current listing is $89.99 for 5lbs.
But in order to judge this fairly, you have to consider the price of similar products.
Fitshop.ca lists Isoflex at $89.94, Dymatize ISO-100 is listed at 86.94, Iso-Sensation is $84.94.
So at most, it is only about a $5 difference. Another important fact to note is that Blue Star ships free on orders above $100, and the bottom line here is that it is easily similar, price-wise to related products.
Pros and Cons
- Pretty impressive nutrition label
- Leads to a quicker recovery after workouts, and can help you build muscle quicker
- Taste good
- Helps build lean muscle, and allows for muscle to grow more capable
- Advances strength and endurance
- Not the best protein blend in its make up
- Does not contain many flavors
Time will tell, but so far so good, the formulation of Iso Smooth is great as it has both quick and slower proteins, so it acts fast and continues to trickle the amino acids into your system as time goes on.
If you are considering trying it out, it is good you keep in mind that orders from Blue Star do come extremely quickly, as in the day after or at most two days after ordering, so that fact alone is a big thumbs up for them.