Information on the website reads “Calling upon decades of research, journals and clinical studies, 4 Gauge is considered to be the most potent, natural supplement for both physical and mental performance allowing you to work harder than ever before”.
“It’s a game-changing four in one pre-workout formula that enhances every aspect of what makes a workout great; raw strength, strong focus, long-lasting energy, and intense muscle pumps”.
4 Gauge is a pre-workout supplement that is designed to help you go through your workouts more effectively than ever before.
You can use 4 Gauge as both a fat burner (weight loss supplement), as well as a viable pre-workout supplement.
- Enhanced focus and concentration.
- Increased stamina and endurance
- Bigger workout pumps
The product and ingredients
The bottle is in the shape of a 4 gauge shell, and the 4 Gauge ingredients list includes Caffeine, L-Theanine, Creatine Monohydrate, L-Citrulline, Red Beet Extract, Rhodiola Rosea, Acetyl L-Carnitine, Coconut Water powder, as well as some other essential minerals and nutrients like calcium and potassium.
- L-Citrulline DI-Malate – Extracted from watermelon. This nutrient raises nitric oxide levels, leading to blood vessel dilation. The resultant increased blood flow gives an experience of intense muscle pumps as you lift weights in the gym.
- Red Beetroot Extract – gotten from the beet plant, this extract is made up of high nitrate content, which is the precursor to nitric oxide. This helps promote muscle pumps during a training session.
- Creatine Monohydrate – This fuels your muscles, helping to boost strength and endurance. Creatine monohydrate is a molecule that rapidly produces energy (ATP), making you able to push harder than before and make faster progress.
- Acetyl L-Carnitine – this is a nutrient that is capable of reducing fatigue, muscle damage, and fat mass while improving cognition, memory, focus, and reaction time.
- Caffeine – Caffeine is consumed worldwide on a daily basis, but in a supplement, Caffeine helps to boost strength and endurance, as well as improved cognition during a workout.
- L-Theanine – This is a relaxing agent found in green tea leaves, and is believed to work in synergy with Caffeine. This can deliver enhanced strength, endurance, and cognition, without risking side effects.
- Rhodiola Rosea – This herb is believed to reduce fatigue and muscle damage suffered from prolonged exercise. It also enhances cognition, ensuring you stay fresh during workout sessions.
- Coconut Water Powder – this is a nutrient containing electrolytes that can ensure that you stay hydrated in the gym.
Directions for Use
The directions for use, as shown on the label say to mix one serving with water or juice 20 – 30 minutes before training.
It is believed that you start to feel the effects after 5 – 10 minutes, so you can ingest it on the way to the gym or right before you train.
The full effect kicks in after about 20 minutes, lasting around 1 hour.
You can mix it in glass since the powder dissolves very quickly, raising no need for a shaker.
It has slight pinky-red color, probably from the beetroot extract.
The Pros and Cons
- High Energy levels
- Feels and looks great on you, as you feel the muscle pumps in your arms.
- Improves focus
- No energy crashes
- No unwanted side effects since it is composed of 100% natural ingredients.
- Low calorie, as it only offers 5 calories per serving, so you don’t need to worry about calories with 4 Gauge.
- No artificial sweeteners
- Tastes great
- None of the ingredients used in the formula is on the World Anti-Doping list, so it won’t cause you to flag a false positive on a drug test.
- It is premium priced, and may not be within everyone’s budget.
- You can’t buy in shops, as you can only buy direct from the company through the website.
As with any supplement, side effects are always possible, and this supplement is no exception.
The most obvious effect would be the jitters, anxiety, increased blood pressure, and sometimes, the crash that caffeine causes.
4 Gauge is having 150 mg of caffeine, which is about the same as a premium cup of coffee. However, it is made that the side effects of the caffeine would be offset by the L-Theanine.
Generally speaking, a ratio of 2:3 on caffeine and theanine is appropriate, as is the case with 4 gauge.
Buying the product
4 Gauge pre-workout is only available on their official site www.4gauge.com.
The price for 1 round is $45 and contains 20 servings.
Discounts are offered for larger quantities, and a 3 bottle order will cost you $112.50.
When you have used 4 gauge a few times and have assessed your tolerance level, the label says you can take a double serving for an extra boost.
However, we wouldn’t recommend doing this if you mostly work out in the evening.